Solved

File System agent install via answer file not assuming client hostname in Commvault

• 8 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Hello,

I am trying to install a file system agent in a Linux machine via answer file but after the installation is successfull, the client hostname on Commvault is the default of the machine and not the one i put on the xml.

<clientEntity clientName='vm1"' hostName='vm1.bck.mngt.local"' />

I want it to appear with the domain .bck.mngt.local but instead appears with the machine default domain.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Edd Rimmer 8 March 2021, 15:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello,

Ah ok - did the previous client also have RHTPWMDB202.bck.mngt.local as its hostname?

Has the previous client been deactivated and license released or was it properly deleted? Enable the below options in the Client Computer filter in Control Panel → User Preferences:

Are other attributes in the answer file being set properly?

Regards
Edd

Badge +6

Edd,

I checked the install.log file and on the input xml appears the right domain ( hostName="RHTPWMDB202.bck.mngt.local" ) but registers with default domain ( Client hostname: RHTPWMDB202.corporativo.pt )

This is a reinstallation since the previous version of the client in Commvault got deleted.

This is a phisycal machine.

Thanks

jmiamaral

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello,

Would you be able to review the install.log file in /var/log/commvault/Log_Files/ ? (Assuming the default is in use).

Scan this file for the hostnames and see if the installation has been executed to use it (e.g. a line reading Client hostname: xxxxxx)

Could this machine already exist in the Commcell as a hidden virtual machine? Is it backed up by VSA backups?

Thanks
Edd