Please share your feedback and questions about the Commvault Community

• 20 January 2021
  • 45 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

We want to make this community the BEST it can be for you and all of our Commvault customers.

Please share your thoughts and feedback on the initial experience here in the community, it will help us improve it for everyone.  Anything you’d like to share about the platform, the content, the ease of use, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

45 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’m excited and hope this takes off.  The old forums always seemed a little stale to me and I didn’t often find what I was looking for.

Glad to have you around, @Ryan Sinnwell !  I’m pretty darn blown away by how it’s taken off already.  Especially from many of the people posting on this exact thread.  @dude and @Anthony.Hodges alone have been a HUGE part of the new community, not to mention so many more!

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

How can I turn off all the alerting that this “New” Solution is sending via email?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

How can I turn off all the alerting that this “New” Solution is sending via email?

Hey @AlanMChristensen !  Are you getting email about this topic, or email about all activity in the Community?  Feel free to send me a Private message if you’d prefer.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hey @AlanMChristensen !  Are you getting email about this topic, or email about all activity in the Community?  Feel free to send me a Private message if you’d prefer.

Everyone on my Maintenance Advantage user list was emailed about an SLA that was 85%… We don’t use the CommVault scheduler in that environment so with no context to the email that email becomes super dangerous.

I was told by support it was an all or nothing deal and only removing the people from maintenance advantage would stop the emails  Very counter productive.  

I was a fan of the forums even though they were hard to navigate… I’d hate to see this new solution be as bad as cloud.commvault.com but both produce data that is unreliable. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @AlanMChristensen !  Are you getting email about this topic, or email about all activity in the Community?  Feel free to send me a Private message if you’d prefer.

Everyone on my Maintenance Advantage user list was emailed about an SLA that was 85%… We don’t use the CommVault scheduler in that environment so with no context to the email that email becomes super dangerous.

I was told by support it was an all or nothing deal and only removing the people from maintenance advantage would stop the emails  Very counter productive.  

I was a fan of the forums even though they were hard to navigate… I’d hate to see this new solution be as bad as cloud.commvault.com but both produce data that is unreliable. 

Thanks for the context.  I’ll reach out to our Maintenance Advantage team and see if either a) there’s something that can be done about that, or b) if we have something planned to address it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

How can I change my e-mail address? In the old forum, I had my own e-mail address. In this forum, I automatically seem to have a group e-mail address from my company, to which I have no access.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

How can I change my e-mail address? In the old forum, I had my own e-mail address. In this forum, I automatically seem to have a group e-mail address from my company, to which I have no access.

It should be logging you in via your maintenance advantage account. When you registered on the forums, which account were you logged in under?  Try logging back in under your personal address, assuming you have a maintenance advantage sub account. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Seems to have been a mistake from my side, thanks for responding quickly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Seems to have been a mistake from my side, thanks for responding quickly.

Of course!!  If you want to change your User Name, I can do that for you.  Just reply back to my pm.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

This feels more modern then the old forum, and more easy to do posts. They do/did contain lots of information but wasn’t so lively.

The new Communitity is far better and already there are alot of interaction between peers (are thy called peers?!?). I think it’s more appealing to newcomers as well as oldies (like myself).

So from me all positive, keep the good work coming.

//Henke

“How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroomdoor you are on”

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Peers works for me :-)

Also, love that signature….so true!

More account controls would be great.   There’s no way to change profile name, or delete your posts, or to cancel your account.    

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I would consider introduce a new section called Community driven feature requests. Target is to offer a podia for PM and customers to discuss, share and gather additional information in regards to feature requests who are backlogged and to offer a podia to prioritize backlog items based on feedback/voting.

As a tryout you could think of the idea that development spares some cycles to spend on community driven feature requests and try it out a for a time just to see if it delivers value.

Currently the process is CMR driven which is a one-on-one in where some customers are tied together by support. I think adding the community into the game as well wil make sure future feature requests will introduce enhancements and feature who are widely supported. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Onno van den Berg , we do have plans to create an Ideas section (it’s a feature here, we just have not launched it yet) once we can ensure the line between request and products team is there.  Definitely working on it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Onno van den Berg , we do have plans to create an Ideas section (it’s a feature here, we just have not launched it yet) once we can ensure the line between request and products team is there.  Definitely working on it!

Great! Looking forward to it!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Personally I would just like more editing abilities.

The ability to remove posts I created, the ability to unmark an answer as the best answer. 

Drafts, or the ability to write a post and not publish it immediately would be helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@christopherlecky , some of those things we can turn on for groups, some are all or nothing.

Definitely considering things like ‘Super Users’ where after X points/replies/threads you can get a higher status, though we have a bunch of other things in front of the pipeline.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Can we fix whatever it is that keeps the column widths tiny. 

Take a look at the screenshot below. 

I would say 1/5th of the screen here is in use.

This is not just for vanity purposes. I bought an enormous monitor specificially because I have trouble reading code with linewraps. 

Yes. I am the guy that reads with one finger under the word so he can keep track of where I am.

But come one man this is  silly.

This is not just here workflows and many parts of the command center are the same way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Can we fix whatever it is that keeps the column widths tiny. 

Take a look at the screenshot below. 

I would say 1/5th of the screen here is in use.

This is not just for vanity purposes. I bought an enormous monitor specificially because I have trouble reading code with linewraps. 

Yes. I am the guy that reads with one finger under the word so he can keep track of where I am.

But come one man this is  silly.

This is not just here workflows and many parts of the command center are the same way.

Hello fellow high-resolution guy!

I’ll pass your feedback to the command center folks. For the community, I’ll check with the vendor but I suspect its because its a responsive platform and scales to mobile. In either case, I’d like to use more of the realestate as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Awesome thanks. @Damian Andre