News

Metallic® ThreatWise™ General Availability & Data Security Enhancements in Commvault Platform Release 2022E

• 21 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Read up on the latest innovations from Commvault in enhancing data security in this new blog post from Ranga Rajagopalan, SVP, Products at Commvault. Ranga shares a deeper look into how the recently released Commvault Platform Release 2022E helps our customers better protect their data. 

Find details on the general availability of Metallic® ThreatWise™, an early warning system that proactively surfaces unknown and zero-day threats to minimize compromised data and business impact, in our announcement here

Stay tuned for future product updates and deep-dives into the 2022E release. Be sure to join us at Connections 22 for more!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I have examined ThreatWise and it looks promising, but personally I would have integrated it into Commvault/Metallic, as the successor of the current honeypot feature, instead of releasing it as a stand-alone product. Maybe this is still coming in the near future, but being it a standalone product will be a difficult sell and I do not expect Commvault to gain a lot of new customers just over the axe of this product. The lack of an on-premise version of the management console is a miss, because I think customers who might be interesting to adopt would want to implement sensors it in their core infrastructure and are customers who have high security standards. Now having something in your core-techwork which is controlled via an external (SaaS) management console will be a blocking issue for a lot of prospects. 

I would integrate it into Commvaul/Metallic core and introduce a role that can be applied to a MA so it becomes a distribution/deployment point for sensors. Integrate the management console into Command Center. To sell it I would bundle it with a VM-pack, so for example you will het 1-sensor per VM-pack. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Onno van den Berg thanks for taking the time to dive in and share feedback. If you have a chance, I’d encourage dropping into one or more of these sessions at Connections next week (in whichever time / region suits) to hear and discuss such considerations and future integration plans more:

• “Trailblazing Data Security – Safeguarding Data Before It’s Compromised” (part of the Fending off Ransomware track)
  • DemoZone (Metallic) 
  • And (of course) the overall innovation roadmap session