Solved

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi,

I’m running 11.26.20. Download & sync cache is failing, files not found on downloadcenter.
But when I check the packages, it stops at 11.26.18…..so how can I have 11.26.20……. (which now causes problems with the download & sync cache process)

icon

Best answer by Sean Crifasi 4 May 2022, 15:47

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Can you clear the software cache and try the download again? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I did already, but as said, the point is that 11.26.20 is not existing on the downloadcenter, and therefore the download job is failing because of a 404
So I wonder how that 11.26.20 is part of the installer if the mr is not available yet

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Maybe there is a delay before it comes available for automatic software download, for now I would download using the installer and copy software to the software cache. That way your cache is filled and you only have to wait till the downloads become available.

Assuming you don't have a different issue with the download functionality

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Bart

Maintenance Releases are provided on a monthly cycle, with a public release once per month. However, MR packs are still generated weekly internally and support may provide customers with an interim MR back if certain pre-requisite fixes are needed for a support case.

Announcements - Maintenance Release Schedule Change

Maintenance Release Schedule Change

Beginning September, 2020, maintenance releases are posted on a monthly schedule.

For more information, see Feature Release Schedule and Lifecycles.

I suspect you may have received one of these interim MR packs directly from support and applied to the Commserve, so the expected download files for 11.26.20 aren’t found on Downloadcenter.

I can provide you with a direct download link for 11.26.20 or you can wait for the next public release for May.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Bart

Maintenance Releases are provided on a monthly cycle, with a public release once per month. However, MR packs are still generated weekly internally and support may provide customers with an interim MR back if certain pre-requisite fixes are needed for a support case.

Announcements - Maintenance Release Schedule Change

Maintenance Release Schedule Change

Beginning September, 2020, maintenance releases are posted on a monthly schedule.

For more information, see Feature Release Schedule and Lifecycles.

I suspect you may have received one of these interim MR packs directly from support and applied to the Commserve, so the expected download files for 11.26.20 aren’t found on Downloadcenter.

I can provide you with a direct download link for 11.26.20 or you can wait for the next public release for May.

Thanks,

Stuart

Hi,

No, I’m afraid that’s not correct.
Last week we updated to 11.26 using the ‘built in upgrade’, but that failed. Therefore we needed to download the installer from cloud.commvault.com (downloadcenter) , and run the installer.
So we did not install any custom MR/patch/etc.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Bart 

Thanks for clarifying, at this point, it’s difficult to know where the binaries for MR20 have originated from, but clearly they’re installed on your Commserve.

Install.log and UpdateInfo.log on the Commserve would show installation and patching activity on the Commserve and would show the packages used for installation with the execution timestamp.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Last week we updated to 11.26 using the ‘built in upgrade’, but that failed. Therefore we needed to download the installer from cloud.commvault.com (downloadcenter) , and run the installer.
So we did not install any custom MR/patch/etc.

To confirm, you’re saying you used this media and it installed 11.26.20, correct?

Thanks,
Scott
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Correct

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Bart 

As @Stuart Painter  mentioned, the Maintenance Releases are publicly released on a Monthly basis but still published internally on a weekly basis. I noticed in your discussion you stated you had to reattempt the download manually via the website. If I run the bootstrapper and build a package to install elsewhere I do have the option to pull 26.20 when manually selecting the Maintenance Release and thus far my download is completing successfully without errors.

Can you attempt this method to confirm if this is successful as a workaround? My theory as to how you received 26.20 is this was likely the latest internally published at the time the bootstrapper was initially run. I have seen a similar incident recently where it was failing to download specifically 26.20 via the Commcell Console though successfully via bootstrapper. 

If you continue to see this issue please have an incident created as I would like to ensure this is tracked if there is a potential concern to raise to our Engineering team.

Kind Regards,
Sean

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Bart, @Stuart Painter 

Following up on this discussion, My bootstrapper download attempt eventually failed with a similar error. I have contacted the appropriate internal Engineering team and they are investigating this download concern further. 

I will follow up on this concern once I receive further information.

Kind Regads,
Sean

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Bart@Stuart Painter 

Engineering has addressed this concern internally. I launched a new download this morning and this was successful. Can you please re-attempt your download to verify functionality from your end?

Regards,
Sean