Solved

Access Mailbox Archive from deleted mailbox

Badge +2

Hello,

we deleted an exchange user. Now we have no access to the archive. is it possible to get access again with another user.

Gerd

icon

Best answer by Mike H 11 July 2022, 19:17

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@GerdS , let me find out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Got a reply from @Ron Potts already!

Delegation of a Mailbox or a Folder for Exchange Online
https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/107641_delegation_of_mailbox_or_folder_for_exchange_online.html

Delegating a Mailbox or a Folder Using Exchange Mailbox

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/107643_delegating_mailbox_or_folder_using_exchange_mailbox.html

Delegation of a Mailbox or a Folder for Exchange Online

Administrators and master users can delegate a mailbox or a folder to users, user groups, or email addresses.

The users and the user groups that you delegate the mailbox or the folders to can use the mailbox to read and send emails.

Badge +2

Our Problem is we can’t see the archives under list of mailboxes because the original exchange account is deleted. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Our Problem is we can’t see the archives under list of mailboxes because the original exchange account is deleted. 

If you go to the Mailbox Client in the Command Center and click the gear icon there should be an option to clear filters.  Once the filter is cleared you should be able to search for the user.

You can do something similar in the Java GUI as well, there should be a Show All Mailboxes button that should list all the mailboxes as well.

Badge +2

Sorry @Mike H , It doesn’t work. I don't found the archive.

I tried it with Comcell (Show All Mailboxes) and Command Center (Clear Filter).

I tried to search. Not found

Badge +2

Sorry, I think it is an other problem. I found the archive from deleted mailboxes.

Here we run a pst integation with an pst-file from a deleted mailbox. In the job is now the owner, the account who run the job, But if I login with this user I can’t see this archiv

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@GerdS , were you able to get this one resolved on your end?  If not, I would open a support case.  Sounds like something isn’t working right.

Badge +2

@Mike Struening We found the archives. They are under an other user with the same name but other domain.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Great!  Let me know if we can mark this as resolved.

Badge +2

@Mike Struening You can mark this as resolved

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Will do, glad to hear it!