Solved

Activate - Exchange System

• 31 August 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

GOODDAY FAMILY, PLS WHY IS MY EXCHANGE DATABASE NOt SHOWING AREA WERE TO ENABLE FOR BACKUP FOR THIS REASON AM UNABLE TO ENABLE FOR BACKUP WHILE OTHERS HAVE ENABLE BUTTON AND THEY ARE CURRENTLY RUNNING PLS HELP I GUESS THERE IS ISSUE I ALSO ATTACH PICTURE SHOWING THE ERROR .

icon

Best answer by Chris Hollis 17 September 2021, 01:06

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Tinket 

The error message and the red arrow on the client icons suggests that backup activity is disabled on the client.

Please check the client properties, Activity Control tab, it looks from your screenshot that backup activity has been disabled at the client level, similar to:

You will need to re-enable activity.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Tinket 

Please also be aware that if you have the exchange DAG client ( https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/95951_creating_exchange_dag_client.html ) 

the individual nodes will be turned off by default so you do not grab multiples of the same data. 

Thanks,

Chris 

Badge +2

Thank You, what exactly am saying here is there is no button to turn on, it look like software issue.

i hv try to raise support call for this, they said my profile dnt , now the contact person to commvault hv resign am new and they hv send commvault approval to create me over a week now no respond no feed back pls is there any channel were this commplain can reach the MGMT help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Tinket 

You can raise a support case via Maintenance Advantage Support Portal.

Or, if you don’t have an account and are having issues getting logged in, please contact Customer Support at one of our Worldwide Numbers.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +2

ok thank you @Stuart Painter 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Tinket is hombx2 client part of either of the DAGs you have configured?

I can’t confirm the DAG pseudo client names as they are blocked by your text input, but they have the icon/look like the above screenshot ^ 

Can you please confirm by following these steps: 

Right click both of these DAG clients (one at a time) > properties > advanced > database member servers tab > 

If you see Hombx2 as part of either of the DAG clients, please remove it, apply the changes then see if you are then able to modify the activity control at the Client (Node) Level.

Please note, if this server is part of a DAG, you should leave it configured/as is and manage backups with the DAG client and not at the exchange ‘node’ level.

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp20/article?p=17022.htm

We mention this here: 

Regards,

Chris 

Badge +2

yes @Chris Hollis  i will hv to leave it so, then the issue here is why am not able to backup the dbs in it? which i can discover the content in hombx2 eg. 

• Microsoft Information Store\DB7
  • Microsoft Information Store\DB8

and this dbs is currently running.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

yes @Chris Hollis  i will hv to leave it so, then the issue here is why am not able to backup the dbs in it? which i can discover the content in hombx2 eg. 

• Microsoft Information Store\DB7
  • Microsoft Information Store\DB8

and this dbs is currently running.

Hi @Tinket, sorry for the delay here.

Referring to this article: https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp20/article?p=17028.htm

You have added both the exchange servers to the DAG node settings? (does it look like my screenshot sent earlier in this thread?)

If so, how is the subclient configured that is performing the backups? Is it set to automatic selection?

Please refer to: ​​​​​​ https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp20/article?p=17051.htm 

If you’re still having difficulty it may be worthwhile raising a case with support who can guide you remotely to ensure this is setup correctly.

Let me know the Ticket # if you do create a case and I’ll assist you.

Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Tinket , following up to see if @Chris Hollis ‘s advice worked, or if you needed to open an incident.

Let me know if you have a fic, or what the case number is.

Thinks!