Solved

Add License file to increase capacity to more 300Tb

• 19 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello,

The customer has 300Tb licensed, and bought 1 more license of 338Tb, how do I apply the license?

icon

Best answer by Sean Crifasi 19 May 2021, 18:40

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Fernando Souza 

If this license is meant to be applied to the same Commcell to add additional licensing then you would perform the same steps as the initial license application.

Via Command Center:
https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=87503.htm
Via Commcell Console:
https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=6995.htm

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @Sean Crifasi 

The error:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Fernando Souza , do you have a new license to add the additional purchased capacity?  The error is stating that you are trying to apply a license again.

You should have received a new license file with the added capacity.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

@Mike Struening 

That file I received and I need to apply, and received the error.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Fernando Souza 

Can you please reply to the alias that provided you the license and request a re-cut of the license key and apply the new file that is sent to you?

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

@Sean Crifasi

So, if i put the license key at the end of the originalfile and have it applied, will it work?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Sean Crifasi

So, if i put the license key at the end of the originalfile and have it applied, will it work?

I’m not sure I fully understand.

When you make any purchase or modification to the license, a new license file is generated and provided to you. The new file must be applied and takes the place of the existing license file. If you are attempting to apply the newly provided license file and this is not working please reply to the email alias that provided you the updated license file and request them to generate a new copy of the file for you to apply.