Question

Alert Called: Metallic Cloud Storage Service

• 29 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hi All,

I have a short question.

there is an Alert Called: Metallic Cloud Storage Service which sends mails like this:

Comments: [Metallic Cloud Storage Service] license will get expired in [xx] days. Please call the support hotline of your software vendor.

License Expired: No

Number Of Days Left For License Expiration: xx

NOTE: Start your renewal process to avoid data loss. The data you have stored will get deleted after 30 days from the expiration. You will not be able to recover the data once deleted.

I did not find an eventlog entry and i also did not find an hint in the lic sum report. 

is this alert the only point where i can track this info ?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@SSchmidt , you don’t see anything for the MCSS (now called MRR) in the license summary report?

It’s possible you have a false alert which support can advise on, or you may legitimately have an expiration coming which your account rep can address.
​​​​​

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hey Mike,

i have ask the account rep and lets see. In the lic sum tehre is nothing i checked both java report and commandcenter report

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Keep me posted!

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

it looks like the keys are only active for 1 year. We got an new key file. But still i did not find any hin in the events ore somewere else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@SSchmidt when did you get the email alert?  Are the dates x’d out in the actual alert?  If so, that’s a problem (how else would you know when to act by?).