Solved

Alert / Report for ending backup jobs for individual virtual machines.

• 15 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4

Hello Commvault Community!

Today I am asking you about the alert / notifications that will inform you about the backup for a particular VM’s.

As you know, the backup job for the vCenter group - for many virtual machines perform one main Job, which is later divided into individual jobs for each virtual machine.

The client asks if it is possible to receive notifications / alerts about the completed jobs for individual VM’s?

I have checked the settings in the schedule that is performed by the vCenter group backup. I gave the appropriate options, but after the backup was completed, one alert came that the backup was performed. (screen1-2) Before this alert, there were no other messages about the completion of jobs for individual virtual machines.

Hence my question is it possible to create / set an alert or a notification to inform when virtual machine X will be bought back.

Thanks for help,

Regards,
Kamil

icon

Best answer by Christian Negron 15 July 2021, 15:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello,

In order to to alert on the individual VMs, you will need to include the VM “client” as a selected entity. 

--

In the Commcell browser, right click ‘Client Computers → Customize view → Show Virtual Machines.

Now, we you go back to the ‘entities’ section of the alert, you should be able to select the Virtual Machines. After selecting both the VCenter and the Vm clients, the alert should include the individual VM information. 

The caveat being that if you enable this alert for all clients/agents, it will alert on everything. You can create a specific alert for ‘VM backup failed’ (for example) and define only the “Virtual Server” agent (and selecting the needed virtual server and VM clients). This will narrow the scope to only virtualization based alerting.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@Gayathri can you also help here?