Solved

All "Blackout Window" stopped working

Badge +4

Hi

Several “Blaclout Window” are configured in the system. All of a sudden, everything stopped working. Put the last hotfix, overloaded the CommCell server - it didn't help. I create new ones “Blackout Window”- they still don't work. Has anyone encountered this problem?

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 17 June 2021, 20:30

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Alex_Moscow 

I can see you also have a support ticket raised with logs and Commserve database currently being investigated to understand this issue.

@euMike I can see a couple of tickets raised for Blackout Window recently, one being for Alex.

Please would you let me know which versions, including which Maintenance Release / Hotfix Pack you are running and I will cross check internally to see if anything is highlighted.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +4

Hi euMike !

I installed all the hotfixes yesterday, restarted the CommCell server - it didn't help.

A miracle happened today - everyone “Blackout Windows” is working. But today everything 235 “Blackout Windows” is working correctly. I think that it is incorrectly date May 31 Year 2021 processed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @euMike 

I’m not seeing any known issues or hotfixes that would explain this blackout window behaviour.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.22/assets/service_pack/updates/11_22_25.htm

There are some Command Center blackout window display issues that are fixed in the latest MR, but again, nothing that explains the behaviour your are seeing here.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@MFasulo , I emailed the engineer for the case to get this reactivated and investigated for an RCA.  Can’t risk this happening again.

Your wording is correct… its a risk when restricted processes dont work.  Keep me posted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

FYI, update for anyone tracking.  This is fixed in update form 131620 which is part of 11.25 (eta ~3 months as 11.24 was just released):

Fix: Blackout window created with "Last week" option may be ignored for the months which has 6 weeks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Alex! Happened to us yesterday. Really strange…

For all the vaulters here - do you have any ‘internal’ info on this behaviour? Hotfix maybe?

Thanks.

Badge +4

Hi Stuart Painter !

>>Please would you let me know which versions, including which Maintenance Release / Hotfix Pack you >>are running and I will cross check internally to see if anything is highlighted.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Stuart Painter , it happened with 11.22.25.

Badge +2

Stuart,

pls get the logs, DB and provide to Development for RCA.

Hemant

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Alex_Moscow 

Again, I’m not seeing any known issues for 11.20 that would explain this behaviour.

There are some hotfixes for blackout windows, but these are already included in 11.20.53:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.22/assets/service_pack/updates/11_20_55.htm

The only new hotfix for blackout window behaviour since 11.20.53 is 3913, but again doesn’t explain the behaviour you were seeing:

Unable to set blackout window for data verifications jobs via Rest API.

Since Development have requested Commserve logs and database to check and provide an RCA, I will follow up on your case internally to get this process moving forward.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Alex_Moscow , I see your case is closed, but you never got an RCA….let me see if I can get this looked into.  Don’t want them to stop working again!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Please get the RCA and lets figure out the affected versions.  Someone @ me when this is discovered.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @MFasulo, It happened on May 31. Everything started to work the day later so we didn’t bother with opening support case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@MFasulo , I emailed the engineer for the case to get this reactivated and investigated for an RCA.  Can’t risk this happening again.

Badge +4

Hello !

The case is reopened. Thanks to the forum community !!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Will do.  I’ll keep this thread updated as well.