Solved

Any way to stop all services using ansible?

• 20 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am trying to follow the ansible documentation for ansible request. I am trying to figure out a way to stop the services, it seems that there is only a way to restart them. I cannot figure out where the other actions are listed within the documentation. Can somebody point me in the right direction? 

I know that ansible request contacts the API, but I cannot find a references for this command within the API documentation either.

I also cannot find documentation for the acceptable parameters within the “payload” parameter.

https://github.com/Commvault/ansiblev2#commvault.ansible.request

icon

Best answer by chrisknows 22 March 2023, 12:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

I’m guessing there’s no “shutdown” since we would not be able to “start” them by API.  It would be a one-way operation which could not be undone through API calls.

Thanks,
Scott

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Not sure about ansible but from an OS level you could control it at a service level. For linux you should be able to do “Commvault stop” or “Commvault start.

For windows:

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Not sure about ansible but from an OS level you could control it at a service level. For linux you should be able to do “Commvault stop” or “Commvault start.

For windows:

This is absolutely the way to go, you should not be using CV apis to stop and start cv services if you have the option to use something that is not dependant on the services you are fiddling with.