Question

Report on the archived mail size from exchange mailboxes

• 25 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hi All,

I'm looking for an report or an possibility to check how big is the archived mail size from exchange mailboxes. 

We are using mail archiving and replace all mails with attachments older than 1 yer with an stub. 

Now we are migrated to O365 and we want to deactivate the archiving function. 

To check the needed space in O365 we want to know how man space is archived for each mailbox.

to you have an hint how can i get this information ? 

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @SSchmidt ,

Sharing you a cloud link for a report (Archive Job Statistics), I am not exactly sure if it will help you here, but you may check. 

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/store.do#!/135/660/21378

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@SSchmidt  The report noted above will give you some info but not per mailbox individually of only messages that were archived. It will display total size of backed up data for the mailbox.

You can leverage job reports for cleanup jobs to get an idea of total amount of data that was actually stubbed in all mailboxes.

Also just to note here, assuming the webserver is still accessible from the client machines, end users will still be able to recall archived messages after the mailbox is migrated to O365. You can disable archiving if desired and just allow the previous archived messages to age off naturally or perform restore from the java GUI using the filter option to only show stubbed messages in the browse if required to restore these stubbed items.

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hi, @Shereef i get only the information regarding the backup jubs but the stubed data size collum is empty for all jobs…

@Scott Reynolds yes this could an way but not for an enterprise backup and archive software ;) i think you know what i mean. 

I found this point: https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/99748_generating_stub_detail_report.html 

I will test it

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

hey,

i got the hint from support: https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/#!/147/701/24083 but dont know if its for exchange online or for onprem and the fiorst try id did not show stubbed data size….

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Correct that is workflow to help recover all stubbed messages.

We have a meeting with Exchange team this week we can discuss this and see if there is another option besides cvrecallmailbox tool or possibly create CMR if needed.

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

hey scott,

yes but we have 2 diffgerent things:

1 get the stubbed mailbox size

2 restore stubb 

• we tested with the normal browse and restore but doenst worked. We get doublicate mails or the stub was restored instead of data. 

So my hope was that the app can help here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@SSchmidt , I found a case in your name for this issue.

I’ll keep an eye out for status.