Solved

Archived SQL with no INdexes and Constraints

• 1 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi, Guys

I am currently running a Database Archiving project for a company and there’s a little issue which has delayed the progress.

After we archived some production tables, the INDEXES and CONSTRAINTs for that particular table is not present on the storage.

We tried to explain that, Backup and Archiving are different, the INDEXES and CONSTRAINTS are present in backup but absent in ARCHIVING, They insisted that, they would need the CONSTRAINTS and INDEXES on the STAGING server and Archiviing storage for reporting purpose. Is there a way to achieve this? 

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 2 August 2021, 23:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi, @Mike Struening 

Thanks for the update.

I will discuss this with the client, as we already discussed the difference between Backup and Archiving, but hey are looking at every possibility of having it included in their archived tables..

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@Mike Struening Thank you for offering to help. Yes, we have restored the database and it works perfectly. That’s how we were able to confirm that the indexes and constraint files are empty.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Mubaraq , I have confirmed with development that this is by design (as it sounds like you already knew).  there’s no way to achieve the request (CONSTRAINTS and INDEXES on the STAGING server) because it’s not part of the design.

Let me know if this helps you answer for the customer/project.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Mubaraq , I have asked some internal folks to chime in, though in the meantime, have you tried demonstrating a restore of the archived databases to prove that they work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Ok, good!  I’ll keep you posted on any internal updates.