Solved

associate admin center credential manger to sql plan

• 4 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello team

We have a group in commcell to hold sql credentials → client computer groups→ sql→ group properties→ advanced settings tab→ override higher levels settings → impersonate user → select the credential that we created in commcell credential manager. By doing this, any sql client in this group will inherit this particular service account that used for sql level backup/restore rather than set cred for each sql client.

After upgrade to the latest release 2022E , we now have the option credential manager on Command center and the existing credentials have been auto-created by upgrade for sql credential manager support.

I’m trying to associate the credential in command center to a sql plan, and unable to find the option(override higher levels settings\impersonate user) in the plan. 

wonder if there is a way to associate the credential to any sql plan on command center?

icon

Best answer by MFasulo 4 October 2022, 18:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

I found it

this will need to create a server group in the command center first ->add a rule to associate servers with the specific plan → once group created, navigate to config tab→ sql server authentication → toggle ‘override higher levels settings’→ enable impersonate 

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

this thread can be closed

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Its not set on the plan but on the server group (just like Java UI)

Go to manage > server groups > click “server group”

Go to configuration tab and at the bottom you will see a tile for “SQL server authentication”

Click “override high level settings”

Unclick “Use Local System account” and a dialog box will appear with all the credential manager users

Select the appropriate one.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

thanks @MFasulo 

to use cred manager in command center, i will have to create a server group then i’m able to use sql server authentication

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

thanks @MFasulo 

to use cred manager in command center, i will have to create a server group then i’m able to use sql server authentication

Only if you want to apply it to several SQL servers.   Otherwise if you go to the instance level you can use the saved credentials in credential manager.     This is especially powerful as you can provide privileged users “access" to use the saved credentials and allow the backup admin to apply these creds without have to reveal the username and password, but enable self-service. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

thank you very much @MFasulo