Solved

Authorizing Requests on CommCell Entities Using Workflows

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi,

I need your help. Maybe I do not see it all anymore, or we have a flaw in the automatic authorizing workflows or better said, we miss one.

This is the case

If we delete a client a workflow starts which sends a mail to authorize. 
Works fine. One note though if a job is running for that client, it will not notify you, message is send but after authorizing the client will not be deleted.

If we delete a backupset the same, works fine, email is being sent.

But now it comes

There is also an agent we can delete and I do not see a workflow for this.
When I hit delete, it will say if there is a job running or not, but if not, I just have to fill in the known words and the agent along with all data is deleted.

I have no other environment to test quickly to check if it is for this particularly environment but does anyone else encountered this maybe??

Looking forward to any answer.

Thanks,
Danny

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 24 August 2022, 21:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

“There is also an agent we can delete and I do not see a workflow for this.
When I hit delete, it will say if there is a job running or not, but if not, I just have to fill in the known words and the agent along with all data is deleted.” 

Is there valid data in retention for this agent?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

“There is also an agent we can delete and I do not see a workflow for this.
When I hit delete, it will say if there is a job running or not, but if not, I just have to fill in the known words and the agent along with all data is deleted.” 

Is there valid data in retention for this agent?

I could not tell you. Should it matter? On a higher or lower level we have a workflow for authorization, I do not see one for an agent. And I never believe it checks for for this as when we do not make use of an workflow it also only asks us to fill “Erase and reuse media”

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Danny , is the agent being deleted or deconfigured?

This might be why:

When you are unable to uninstall a component using the common procedures, you can use the Release a License feature to clean up these components from the CommServe database. This operation, previously known as deconfiguration, does not remove the backup data and registry entries relevant to the component from the host computer. As such, the data is still available for data recovery operations.

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/5945_deconfigure_and_reconfigure_components_overview.html