Azure Portal Dashboard for Commvault

• 31 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I am running Multiple Commvault Servers and storage agents in Azure, I have created several dashboards to monitor these VM’s but it’s at the VM level rather than the Commvault application level. Has anyone created an Azure Dashboard that monitors Commvault at the application level. I do realize that this can be done from the Commvault Dashboard but it would be useful for support to have a dashboard within azure that can highlight performance issues. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @davided , hope all is well!  Good question here.  I converted this topic to a conversation (and added some tags in) which generally gets more eyeballs from our community.

Adding in some of our brilliant members in case they have advice.

@Laurent @dude @Marco Lachance @Onno van den Berg 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

hi and happy new year to you !

@Mike Struening hope your vacation were better than mine :wink:  

Well, unfortunately, so far I have not been given an access to an Azure console by my Cloud admins, so I would not be able to assist on that topic, but I’ll follow it with interest, for sure ! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I have no experience with it but I like the use case. If there is anything laying around than it might be available within the Metallic team because they are using Azure entirely. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Good thinking @Onno van den Berg .  I’ll ask around!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Heard back from the Metallic folks who advised the following:

We use Datadog to monitor Commvault logs and use that for catching issues.

You can do the same thing in Azure by using Azure Log agent

but then you have to run sql queries to get details out

One thing that also came up was moving to Metallic for these clients to simplify all of those concerns (and remove them from your own burden):

The Metallic Hub would give details based on the SLAs.

Within the Command Center, there are several reports that provide performance level details as well (specifically mapped as SLAs).

Something worth considering if the other proposed solutions don’t work.