Solved

Backup Copy fallen behind - Alert Creation

• 16 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello All,

I am about to configure alert for Backup Copy fallen behind.

Long story short i would like to have monitoring for the bakcup copies of VSA snapshots.

Recently we faced issue with missing synthetic full and broken chain, and after that no backup copy was executed automatically. In order to avoid such delays in the backup copies i would like to setup monitoring for this and if the same issue appear in the future to receive notification.

So, i have activated the Backup Copy fallen behind on the storage policies in question: 

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=106912.htm

But in the alerts tab there is no configured alert for this as it is with “AUX Copy fallen behind”

So can someone who configured such alert give me idea what Alert Category & Type have to be set ? 

Thank you in advance for your time.

icon

Best answer by Stogs 1 July 2021, 18:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@KrisKrastev sorry yes there is no predefined Alert for Backup Copy fallen behind like there is for AUX Copy. For this Category is Job Management and I believe Type will be Backup Copy Workflow. I am looking to confirm this and will also get this added to Books Online. But in setup we have previously used the AUX Copy fallen behind essentially as a template to configure this alert.

Badge +2

Hello @Stogs ,

Do you have something for this topic ? 

I have checked Job Management > Backup Copy Workflow but i think it will not do the job.

And could you describe in more details how you use Aux Copy fallen behind as template, as it have different options ? 

Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Sorry for the confusion but the Backup Copy fallen behind will use the AUX Copy Fallen Behind, the alert will come through as AUX Copy and can be mistaken for those jobs. Development confirmed its leveraging the same alert so when you have it enabled on the Backup Copy and AUX Copy Alert on it would provide a message if the jobs do fall behind.

From Developers:

Backupcopy fallen behind alert uses auxcopy fallen behind alert and it  report even using the same name.