Solved

Backup copy job resumed after occurred Event 19:122

  • 18 November 2021
  • 13 replies
  • 322 views

Badge +5

Hello Community, 

After few days one of the Media Agent in AZURE for one subscription issue occurred with Backup Copy jobs for File Servers which size is about 22 TB. Only info which occurred in Events logs is: 

Received failed message for job [3155290], phase [Backup]

I am looking for reason of that error. After that the jobs started from begning.

Please let me know when I should look for more details for that the job. 

Regards, 

Michal 

icon

Best answer by Michal128 6 April 2022, 15:29

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Michal

Thanks for the question.

When searching on error 19:122 occurrences, I have found these affect many different agents and generally appear to be for network related issues.

Potentially, for a large job such as yours, there was a temporary drop in network connectivity or delayed response if the machines became busy, causing the connection to drop?

We might be able to get closer to the answer if you are able to post some logs, try CVD.log as a first port of call.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +5

Hello, 

From my site I checked CVD.log, but in the files there aren’t any error in the time frame when the problem occurred in the job I checked from 5 days ago and every time the error doesn’t appear in the  log from CVD service.  

In attachment I am adding log which is collected from the media agent. 

Time point of error is 3:49:16 AM from today. JOB ID is 3155290. 

CVD.log added  to the task. 

Please let me know if something is visible in the log file. If not  where I should looking for more details about that Backup Copy failed. 

Regards, 

Michal 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Michal128 , I checked the cvd.log file but it ends at 3:42.  Can you see if there’s anything for this job at the time in question?  I’m not seeing anything even close to that time.

Badge +5

Hello Mike, 

I checked the logs file too. But nothing  appeared in the log file. Right now the log file which could store that info was removed. Backup Copy right now is working correctly. Backup Copy started without issue after restart Media Agent, but very imporant to do that with option “Deallocation” resources in AZURE. After that the machine will start from scrtach and new resources are assigned to VM from AZURE site. 

Regards, 

Michal 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Let’s keep this open for a while (no rush on my part, for sure).  Once it happens, get a copy of the log files saved to the side, and share the CVD.log file.  We may need to get a support case created, but let’s see what we can do here first.

I don’t want you to have this hanging over your head :nerd:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Michal128 , following up on this one.  Any chance it happened again?

Badge +5

Hello, 

The problem occurred one more time, but after restart the Media Agent backup copy came back to normal activity. 

 

More details about Events are available on the screen above. 

Regards, 

Michal 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Michal128 , can you collect and share the vsbkp.log and cvd.log files from wfrparnli001 for the time frame of the latest error?  We should be able to learn more.

Badge +5

Hello, 

Currently the problem disappeared. I will update the case if some issue occurred one more time. 

Regards, 

Michal 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Appreciate the update!

Badge +5

Hello, 

The problem with backup for one machine appeared one omre time. As on the screen below: 

But what is strange, the rest machines which are backuped by this Media Agent don’t have that typ of issue. I collected the logs from two Media Agents, which appread in the Commvault Event logs. 

Wfrparnli001 (Media Agent which shouldn’t be use for backup)

Wfrparnli002 (Media Agent and in the same machine VSA proxy server itself). 

Problem occured on machine which backup is created for WFRPARNLF006.

Please let me know if more info is required to investigate the case. 

Regards, 

Michal. 

 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Michal128 , I would suggest calling support and opening an incident for this issue.

Once you do, share the case number with me so I can track it.

Badge +5

Hello, 

After reconfigure the VSA proxy setting for Subclient to correct one VSA Proxy/MA server backup is working correctly. The change had been implement in that tab: 

Without that setting Comserve got configuration for VSA from Client part where first choice was server wfrparnli001. 

Regards, 

Michal 

Reply