Solved

Backup getting Error Code 19:1131 Waiting for the services on the client [...] to come online.

• 8 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Calling all experts! 

Jobs ares sitting in the Job controller waiting with Error Code 19:1131 “Waiting for the services on the client [...] to come online”.  

As best as I can tell, the services are running. 

icon

Best answer by Ron Potts 8 January 2021, 19:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

The error message is generally caused when the Commserve has lost network connectivity to the client services and cannot regain them.

There are multiple causes for this error message:

1. The client Services are not online yet or in a stuck/bad state
  2. Network connectivity is inconsistent
  3. The required ports are not open (port 8400, 8401, 8403),
  4. The CS hostname, Client name and Client hostname are incorrect in registry

Cause 1: The client Services are not online yet or in a stuck/bad state
Do a check readiness on the Clients or Media Agents from CommCell console. This task will auto correct this issue. If not, log onto the client having the issue and confirm the status of the services. Cycle them if necessary. If they do not start, then the issue is likely another cause.

**Cause 2: **Network connectivity is inconsistent
This can happen if there are issues across the network and traffic is inconsistent. As a workaround (to get the job to complete), create a One Way Firewall as per the instructions here: https://documentation.commvault.com/11.21/expert/7220_setting_up_connections_on_commserve_computer_for_one_way_direct_connection_commserve_to_client.html

Cause 3:The required ports are not open (port 8400, 8401, 8403)
If the services are online, run port listening tests to see if the required ports are open. If not, check with your network administrator. Check all required ports here: https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=105347.htm

Cause 4: The CS hostname, Client name and Client hostname are incorrect in registry
On the client in question, confirm the following registry keys are correct:
1. Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CommVault Systems\Galaxy\Instance001\CommServe\sCSHOSTNAME\, confirm the Commserve Host Name is accurate
2. Under KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CommVault Systems\Galaxy\Instance001\CommServe\sCSClientName\, confirm Commserve Client name is accurate
3. Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CommVault Systems\Galaxy\Instance001\Machines\\\sHOSTNAME\, confirm the Client Host Name is accurate

Take a look at the above and let me know if this addresses your issue by click Best Answer.

Badge

I have the same issue, the readiness check fails. However, I am able to use cvping to get a response from the target (file server). Name resolution and pings work just fine. port 8400 can be reached. I’ve followed the instructions above with no success. Any other ideas where I should look? This was working fine up until a month ago. The media agent sits in the same segment as this file server and has no problems what so ever.