Solved

Backup jobs are unable to age as Copy is disabled.

• 4 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I created a new copy in storage policy to copy backup jobs from the old disk library to a new disk library.

Now the new copy is done I unticked ‘Active’ in the old copy so backup jobs don't go to the old disk library anymore.

I didn't want to delete jobs in the old copy manually so I left it there and was hoping that jobs would expire naturally but it is not the case. Backup jobs in this old copy has reached the retention but they are still there. I ran forecast report and it said that there jobs are retained as ‘Copy Is Disabled’. So it looks like by disabling the Copy in the storage policy it disabled the data aging as well.

My question is that without manually deleting these jobs, is there a way to let them expire naturally?

Kind regards,

Boyi Ou

icon

Best answer by Collin Harper 4 October 2022, 16:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

You can set the copy to the last Copy precedence (make it your last backup Tier) and disassociate it in the aux copy schedule.

Additionally you need to remove the cycle definition in order to prevent the system to retain 1 full and additional delta's from the last cycle. 🙂

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hello @Boyi 

You can re-enable the copy and change it to a Selective Copy and set it to “not automatically pick jobs for copy”. This will keep the copy active and the jobs retained while preventing jobs from automatically being aux copied. Once you change the copy to Selective, the “Selective Copy” tab will appear.

Thank you,

Collin