Solved

Backup mysql database through cluster vip

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Guys,

I have a mysql active/passive cluster. I would like to backup the databases using the cluster VIP.

Unfortunately I didn’t find anything in the documentation. Any help please? thanks in advance for your valuable help !  

icon

Best answer by Adel BOUKHATEM 25 August 2021, 16:27

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Sunil thanks for your response. Actually I found exactly what I needed:

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=4990.htm

Thanks again for your help. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello Experts,

We have MySQL group replication cluster with DB running on multiple hosts. this is not a OS level Cluster. is the configuration procedure documented some where? I can only find configuration of Database Group configuration?

Regards

Raj  

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

You may be looking for this. MGR backup over master-standby can be achieved using proxy backup functionality.

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/19363_overview.html

Thanks,

Sunil-

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thank you Sunil.. i have configured the same and is working fine. Only problem is we have 3 or 4 node cluster and i can see only one Passive node. Any idea if we can configure more than 2 node cluster ?  

Regards

Raj

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @raj5725 

Feature for supporting 3+ node cluster is in the works. For now, you need to configure with one master and one standby.

Thanks,

Sunil-

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Adel BOUKHATEM 

Is this an operating system cluster or MySQL group replication cluster?

We only use localhost in the connect string to connect to the database today. What’s the issue with using localhost?

Thanks,

Sunil

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

It is an Operating system cluster running mysql.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Sunil It is an Operating system cluster running mysql.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Adel BOUKHATEM 

Thanks for the response. Can you clarify what would be the issue with using localhost in the connect string?

We will run this from the current active node of the OS cluster. Isn’t it working?

Thanks,

Sunil

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Cool..  so you were looking to configure the cluster client itself.

Thanks,

Sunil

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Sunil Yes!