Solved

Centralize command center portal

Badge +8

We deployed 7 CommCell servers and got 7 Command center portal. Could Commvault provide centralize portal to manage all Command center URL?

Our operation team want to access one portal, then they could click each Command center portal to finish these routine job.

icon

Best answer by Scott Moseman 8 June 2022, 18:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@xiwen this link helps you

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/132175_universal_command_centers.html

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

This is correct.  Let me add a couple of clarifications.

* Service CommCells

This is the core configuration behind the UCC mentioned above.  This provides what you’re asking where you login to the Primary CommCell and you will have a drop down menu to select any of the Service CommCells which you want to manage.

* Universal Command Center

This is a layer on top of the Service CommCells feature mentioned above.  With this feature enabled, you only have (1) Command Center installation which is able to access all of the CommServes.  When using only the Service CommCells above, you still actually have a Command Center installations for each CommCell.

Hopefully that helps a little more?

Thanks,
Scott

Badge +8

I add one ComCell as IdP Service CommCell on “service CommCells”, the Comcell name is 1020f6-A843, how to change it? it’s difficult for us to identify each ComCell. For below link, Commcell name could be custom.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/137248_accessing_dynamic_apps_for_service_commcell_environments.html

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

I add one ComCell as IdP Service CommCell on “service CommCells”, the Comcell name is 1020f6-A843, how to change it? it’s difficult for us to identify each ComCell. For below link, Commcell name could be custom.

I’m not aware of how to change the name of the Service CommCell.  I assume it’s pulling the value from the CommServe itself when it’s added.

Maybe ping the SE on your account to see if they can submit a feature request?

Thanks,
Scott