Question

Change display name with CLI without modifying the client name”

• 8 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi

I found the previous conversation related to the same topic “ Change display name with CLI without modifying the client name”

Using the XML 

<App_SetClientPropertiesRequest> <association> <entity> <clientName></clientName> </entity> </association> <clientProperties> <client> <clientEntity> <clientName></clientName> <displayName></displayName> </clientEntity> </client> </clientProperties> </App_SetClientPropertiesRequest>

Command:

qoperation execute -af update_client_name_template.xml -entity/clientName $client -client/clientEntity/displayname $new_displayName updateNameChangeOnlyInDBOnFailure=1

We have clients registered with short name, I want the clients display name to be updated with FQDN without changing the short client names. 

I tried the above XML and command and found the error. Could someone help with pointing correct information.

Error

[root@xxxxx Base]# ./qoperation execute -af /home/aaaa/change_displayname.xml -entity/clientName xxxx -client/clientEntity/displayname xxxx.hosting.com updateNameChangeOnlyInDBOnFailure=1
execute: Error 0x911: Failed to process request due to invalid entity information.Invalid clientId for clientName[xxxx.hosting.com].
[root@xxxxx Base]#

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Good afternoon.  Can you please tell me what version of Commvault (for example 11.24.25) you are currently running?

Badge +1

Hi

We are at version 11.24.34

Regards

ZMHI

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Can you please look at this link to our documentation and if this is inline with what you want to achieve, please test on one client and update with the results.

Badge +1

Hi

Could you please add the link to documentation here. 

Thanks

ZMHI