Solved

Change Exchange Policies with AutoDiscovery

• 3 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

I have a short question in context of Exchange Policy Assignments. We are using AutoDiscovery with AD Groups to assign Exchange Policies to User Mailboxes in the Mailbox Agent. 

The Question is what happens if I add a specific user to a different AD Group which has a different set of Exchange Policies configured.

Will the Exchange Policies gets changed for the User Mailbox or will it keep the original Exchange Policy Assignment?

Kind Regards

Florian

icon

Best answer by Scott Reynolds 3 February 2023, 17:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @flokaiser 

In the situation you are describing the mailbox should be updated with the correct policies that are associated to the new AD group. Discovery by default runs in the background every 24 hours.

Note directly related to your question just adding here for additional info but do note there are some special considerations with nested AD groups (parent takes precedence) and retention will take the longest retention policy if a combination of AD group and database (onprem) are used together.

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/28878_configurations_for_exchange_mailbox_agent_exchange_policies.html

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

I changed the AD Group Membership last week but this did not have any affect on the Exchange Policy Association. After that I created a Exchange Plan in the CC and this changed the Polcies at the next run Archive run. This behaviour is a little bit strange here. I am going to open a Ticket.