Solved

Changing User Account for a backup?

• 25 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

So we have certain servers/vm’s that are in a controlled environment that only has certain level of permissions to have access to. The primary user account we use for are normal backups does not have access to this environment inside of the Virtual Machine Client for vm backups. I am wondering if there is an easy way to change the user account the vm backups use so that i can have it use my credentials which does have access in order to get a backup through a vm backup?

icon

Best answer by Peter Kalinic 26 January 2021, 04:42

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Credentials for Virtual Server Agents are specified at the Instance level:

If you are looking to backup those VMs in the controlled environment using a different set of credentials, you will need to create a new pseudoclient to protect those VMs. From the instance properties, you can then configure the credentials you would like to use for that environment:

If you are using Command Center, the above can be accomplished by adding a new Hypervisor:

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks for the reply and advise. I will attempt a backup with the different credentials. And if sucessfull i will create a new psuedoclient for these vms to separate them from the other vm;’s