Solved

Cluster Instance Remote nodes update failed, Error during...

• 29 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi, 

Does anyone has seen/been able to solve the following error. 

Reason: <There was error during initialization of information from input XML / local registry.>

I have a cluster instance with 2 nodes. 

The nodes are online and i can make a back-up of the file system. 

But the Cluster Instance can't update/connect to nodes somehow. (add nodes to cluster in CommVault). 

This is the error i am getting so far. 

I deleted the nodes in the cluster instance and force sync, then added and force sync, still the same error remains as it is. 

icon

Best answer by sakuragi 2 May 2022, 10:11

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @sakuragi 

Can you make sure that the hostname you are entering into the cluster client itself if resolvable from the Commserve/client machines?

While the nodes could be reachable all clients and CS must be able to resolve that cluster name and/or IP that is entered in hostname section.

Badge +2

Hello @sakuragi 

Can you make sure that the hostname you are entering into the cluster client itself if resolvable from the Commserve/client machines?

Yes it is possible. I can ping/resolve/back-up both Nodes of the instance. 

The Instance is also ready, when checked readiness. 

The Instance is also resolvable. 

While the nodes could be reachable all clients and CS must be able to resolve that cluster name and/or IP that is entered in hostname section.

We only use hostnames. But the hostname + ip is resolvable from the CommVault CommCell server. 

Somehow it stucks at 5% with Network error. 

Failed to start phase [Scan] on [P-CL52-R1] due to network error [Remote machine [​​​​​​​P-CL52-R1.xxxx]. The socket connect failed. Error returned [-1=CON523133/​​​​​​​P-CL52-R1.xxxxxx*​​​​​​​P-CL52-R1*8400*8402: Failed to find tunnel for sv1501167=>​​​​​​​P-CL52-R1:8400/8400]. Check Network Connectivity.]. Will attempt to restart. Please check if this product's services are running on the remote host.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

This might be the way the cluster was configured. Are you sure you are using the application name not the cluster name? In cluster admin there is the cluster at the top then there are applications. The application is where the unique name/IP, etc lives not in the root.

Also do you know if there are any firewalls, etc?

You can test using cvping command line. There is a writeup on that here:

Badge +2

Hi, 

The problem was not firewall related. 

Like i wrote before, that was all done. 

Had a service request created at CommVault. 

They came with same answer. DNS/Firewall related. Because, the cluster instance (in CommVault) could not connect to the client. 

The cause and solution was not that hard to find out. 

The Cluster instance had been configured in CommVault, before the firewall issue was solved. So, CommVault somehow was still giving an error, related to firewall DNS (could not connect to client/cluster instance). Even when the connection issue was solved. 

Solution, delete cluster instance in CommVault, reconfigure it (add new again). 

Tadaa. 

I had seen this same problem solution before. But could not think, this could be the reason again. And CommVault was like, no no its dns/firewall related. So. Next time, delete and add again, just in case. 

Thanks for help so far. Hope this can help someone later on. 

Kind regards, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Appreciate you sharing back with everyone!