Solved

Command Center - Hidden client computers -> CTRL-F5 to the rescue

• 8 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Ever since Command Center was equipped with client side caching enhancements we occasionally get customers on the phone who ask us if there is something wrong with the backup environment, because they are missing client computers in Command Center. Even while running the latest maintenance release for FR11.21. When we logon to Command Center as platform admins we do see the client computer(s) in question, so we just ask the customer to perform a CTRL-F5 hard refresh of the client-side cache. Checking the server side log (CVEntityCache) reveals no errors whatsoever.

Now I hope to hear from other Vaulters if they have experienced this same issue and at what frequency. Reason for asking is that it "hard/impossible” to reproduce and if the customers knows the CTRL-F5 trick than next time they will most likely not call you anymore because they know the trick, but this of course does not fix the real issue.

icon

Best answer by MFasulo 9 February 2021, 21:56

View original

4 replies

Badge

Onno, no need to prove it, just shoot me the scenario when it happens.  We can check for hardrefresh api.  I’m not entirely sure if its a browser vs CV issue, but I know we can force the behavior nonetheless.   

Onno, adding to Michael’s response, any information on what kind of clients or the scenario your customers faced this issue with would be helpful. For e.g. if this only happened with laptop clients or happened after a backup job completion etc.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Onno, no need to prove it, just shoot me the scenario when it happens.  We can check for hardrefresh api.  I’m not entirely sure if its a browser vs CV issue, but I know we can force the behavior nonetheless.   

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Experienced incomplete and outdated Data before in CommandCenter, main reason why I only use it if not other option is available. Didn’t know the Ctrl+F5 Trick, thanks for sharing!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Onno van den Berg  

I’ve asked my team (based in Sydney) if anyone has seen this behaviour before.. they haven’t. 

Others in the global team may have however so we’ll see what they say once they hop online. 

In the meantime, as you mentioned, it would be difficult to troubleshoot this.. I’d probably start by trying to find if there is anything consistent with the users having issues.. e.g. what browser are they using? Is it a specific type of client/agent that is missing before manual page refresh?

If I hear or see anything, i’ll keep you posted.