Solved

Commserve is incorrectly identifying index as V1 instead of V2

• 16 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello community,

We have a three node Oracle RAC cluster that we are having problem adding a node.   One of the server fails to add into the cluster in commvault because it detects it with an index V1 instead of V2.    I assure you that this server never had version 10 software installed.  All three servers were provisioned at the same time and all have started with 11.20.  The commserve is now on 11.28.32 and I suspect it might be a bug on this newest version that somehow detects it as V1 instead of V2.  The reason I believe it is a bug is because we had all three servers in the cluster before and as part of DR testing we switch back and forth between another three servers.  We just switched to this cluster this morning, and the last time we switched away from this cluster was when we were still in 11.20. 

The IndexingVersionStatus.xml report that I downloaded from the content store to load into the web console does not work for us.  It spews out errors that is not helpful at all, i.e, “Something Went Wrong.”   Any ideas how I can verify File indexing version any other way? 

Better yet, any idea how to fix this?  

icon

Best answer by Hyder 16 November 2022, 23:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Can you try rerunning this Workflow make sure all clients are upgraded to v2, maybe some missed?

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/139125_migrating_clients_to_indexing_version_2_on_commcell_console.html

Badge +2

@Hyder, Amazing!   That solved it; Thank you!