Solved

Commserve on Linux

• 23 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello, 

i want you to ask what is your feeling or experience with Commserve on Linux ? We run at the moment a lot of tests with Commserve on Linux and we think it is a very good solution but i want to know what you thinking about ! 

so may you can tell me your experience and feeling about this new feature!

Cheers 

icon

Best answer by MFasulo 27 June 2022, 17:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

It has been in development for a long time and we also tested around with it but decided to stick to Windows but that's for different reasons. All-in-all it's GA and fully supported so you are good to go! Do mind you can't upgrade from Windows -< Linux! So it's only available currently for new installations. Depending on the size and complexity of the environment it might be worthy to check if there is anything specific to take into account. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Just noticed following post from @MFasulo:

So Linux support for CommServe will hit GA as of August 15th meaning you'll have to be on 2022e to have a fully supported environment, until that moment it is not officially supported for production environments. 

@MFasulo following your post… why was it removed from the Early Adopter list?
https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/145861_early_adopter_program.html

Its in tech preview like all the other capabilities in 2022E.   I positioned it that way because saying its GA while the “platform release” is TP would be confusing, so I aligned its GA to the release GA.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Just noticed following post from @MFasulo:

So Linux support for CommServe will hit GA as of August 15th meaning you'll have to be on 2022e to have a fully supported environment, until that moment it is not officially supported for production environments. 

@MFasulo following your post… why was it removed from the Early Adopter list?
https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/145861_early_adopter_program.html