Solved

commvault Changing the IP Address For MediaAgent

• 2 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello,

Is there a procedure for changing the IP Address For MediaAgent?

Only the IP address - the host name will remain the same

Is that even possible?

Best regards,

icon

Best answer by Niall 2 August 2022, 12:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @LiorRN 

I would suggest that you double check how the Media Agent is registered in the Commserve (Look at its properties and the client hostname…)

Assuming it is registered by name rather than by IP address then put the Media Agent into Maintenance Mode after suspending any running jobs and go ahead and change the IP address. I would probably reboot the Media Agent too but I am not entirely sure that is necessary, I guess it is OS dependent. Once done take it out of Maintenance Mode and do a check readiness. You may need to flush the dns cache on the Commserve and/or any clients. Resume any suspended jobs.  

If the Media Agent is registered by IP address, then suspend any running jobs, stop the Media Agent Services. Change the IP Address on the Media Agent and then change the hostname (IP address) in the Commvault GUI. Start the Commvault Services, check the readiness of the Media Agent and resume any suspended jobs. 

HTH

Niall

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

If you need to change the actual IP and not just the hostname being used by CommVault you can do so using Edit in the Windows File System for the corresponding media agent. 

If you are using DIPs, you would need to update the DIPs in the Job Configuration Tab and if you are using shortname or FQDN you normally would need to update DNS or host files. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

thanks for the help

I will try and update