Solved

Commvault generating two trap for single VM failure

• 7 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi Everyone,

We integrated the Commvault with SNOW to create a ticket automtically for each  backup failure. We are getting two ticket for each VM backup failure.

1. On Ticket for VM failure
  2. On Ticket for Subclient status Completed with Error

The cause of the issue, Commvault sending two SNMP trap as per above condition.

Do anyone having any solution or workaround for the issue?

Thanks,

Mani

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 18 January 2022, 21:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Manikandn , to confirm, are you getting one for the overall subclient job, as well as any of the given vms within the overall job?  There was a change where there’s a parent subclient job as well as child jobs per vm, and I imagine this is what is happening.  You may want to disable it for the overall subclient since the vm jobs will be where the pertinent details are.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

@Manikandn , to confirm, are you getting one for the VSA proxy operation, as well as any of the given subclients within the overall job?  There was a change where there’s a parent VM job as well as child jobs per subclient, and I imagine this is what is happening.  You may want to disable it for the overall VSA since the subclient jobs will be where the pertinent details are.

Hi Mike,

Not for proxy operation.

For example, I configured the subclient (VM_Subcliemt) and added VMs (vm1, vm2, vm3 and vm4)

As per last backup status, vm4 was failed. Now I am getting two as shown below.

Ticket 1 : vm4 backup failed due to error

Ticket 2: subclient “VM_Subclient” completed with error

Thanks,

Mani

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That’s what I meant (but described poorly) :joy:  I’ll edit to clarify.

This is likely due to the nesting of jobs with VSA backups.  The subclient itself has a job ID and the vm has a nested job ID…..you’re seeing both.

How is the SNOW alert configured?  Might be a way to filter out what you don’t want to see (which depends on your needs).

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Manikandn following up on this one.  Were you able to get clarity on this issue?