Solved

Commvault Java GUI & Commvault Command Center

• 20 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

I know that Storage Policies do not flow into Plans in Command Center, but there is a workflow in the Commvault Store where you can select the Storage Policies to migrate to Plans. My question is what does automatically migrate to Command Center from the Java GUI? Client servers? Alerts? Events? Job Controller information? Any guidance would be appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by Onno van den Berg 23 June 2022, 21:35

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

It consolidates a storage policy and schedule into a plan and of course takes over the attached clients. I would recommend you to try it out by creating a small dummy setup and run the workflow afterwards. That way you really see it for yourself. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

I know that Storage Policies do not flow into Plans in Command Center, but there is a workflow in the Commvault Store where you can select the Storage Policies to migrate to Plans. My question is what does automatically migrate to Command Center from the Java GUI? Client servers? Alerts? Events? Job Controller information? Any guidance would be appreciated. 

To add to the previous comments, your clients, alerts, events, jobs, etc. all remain the same no matter if you’re using the Command Center or Java interfaces.  The most noticeable thing that is different is the change from Storage Policies/Schedule Policies (Java) to Plans (Command Center).

Thanks,
Scott

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

can you please tell me the name of that workflow to play with it ? 

Cheers

It's called "Policy to Plan Conversion” and is available in the Command Software store or Download center. 

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/#!/147/701/17421

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Onno van den Berg  thanks for the information 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

can you please tell me the name of that workflow to play with it ? 

Cheers

Badge +1

I sent the link to you as well Philipp. Please let me know if I can help.