Solved

Commvault License

• 24 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

CommCell ID is set to expire.

Can you please help me with the below points.

1. Let us know the process, how to extend the Commvault License ?
  2. We have 200 VM license so will those 200 VM license will auto renew or do we need to purchase it again ?
  3. We have vendor support so after extension of Commvault License will vendor support is there or not ?
  4. What are the pre-requisite and post-requisite before applying Commvault license and after applying Commvault license ?
  5. Is there any downtime required for extending Commvault License ?
  6. If I miss any point related to Commvault license then please add that point.
icon

Best answer by Onno van den Berg 24 January 2023, 07:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

CommCell ID is set to expire.

Can you please help me with the below points.

1. Let us know the process, how to extend the Commvault License ?
    Contact your sales rep. and workout the financials. When this is completed they will share a license file which can be applied on the CommServe via the CommCell console or Command Center without downtime. 
  2. We have 200 VM license so will those 200 VM license will auto renew or do we need to purchase it again?
    It depends on what you have right now and if you have an option to extend our current license deal. They have made significant changes when it comes to licensing and are moving into the same model how they calculate usage as Metallic. Either way you will have to contact your sales rep. to have this worked out. 
  3. We have vendor support so after extension of Commvault License will vendor support is there or not ?
    This is somewhat mandatory. I'm not even sure if it is possible to buy perpetual licensees. All new models are based on subscription.
  4. What are the pre-requisite and post-requisite before applying Commvault license and after applying Commvault license ?
    Nothing, although it might be that depending on the license model you might need to implement some form of reporting to Commvault. This is only to be expected in case when you run a MSP environment.  
  5. Is there any downtime required for extending Commvault License ?
    No.
  6. If I miss any point related to Commvault license then please add that point.
    Just contact you sales team and have them come-up with a proposal. 

Hi @Ajinkya! See inline!

Badge +3

Hi @Onno van den Berg, thank you so much for the above update.