Solved

Commvault over license

• 24 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +5

Hello

if I have 2 different licenses: 100TB FTE Commvault Backup and Recovery + 100 Virtual Operating Instances what happen if we goes in over lincensed condition for the nunber of VMs? only the VMs backups will not run or also the backup of other workload (for example Oracle) will stop to run?

Regards

icon

Best answer by Orazan 24 January 2023, 18:48

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Good afternoon.  If you go over, all backups will stop, not just VM backups.

Badge +5

Hello Orazan

it’s not very nice because if I have paied for many feature is not correct that one over licensed status block the entire backup software

please in a future update correct this behaviour ! I think that isn’t a difficult change for developers..

Federico

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I understand your frustration and will pass your feedback along to the proper personnel.  

Badge +5

thank you Orazan

Federico

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Federico I understand your concerns, but do mind that in case you have configured alerting that is allows you to reset the counter a few times offering time to address the license issue by removing clients or buying additional capacity. B.t.w. are you combining the two different flavors in a single CommCell? 

Badge +5

@Onno: yes I have two different flavours of license… xxx TB of FTE + xxx nr. of VM

I know that there are many options to avoid this condition: email alert, grace period, delete unused client… it’s a simple curiosity 😅

Federico