Solved

Configuring Live Sync: Support ticket or CV consulting

• 17 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

I’m trying to configure Live Sync and have done the installation on my primary CommServer.  When I try to do the portion on the standby server at my DR site, I find the windows I’m presented by the installer don’t match what’s in the documentation and they get progressively more different until I’m looking at a screen that doesn’t appear anywhere in the Live Sync documentation.

My question is this:  Should I open a support ticket or is this something that CommVault professional services / CommVault consulting should be hired for.  I’m not sure what my next steps should be.

Ken

icon

Best answer by Jos Meijer 18 August 2022, 03:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Ken_H 

Depends on what direction you wish to take right now :)

If you wish to continue setting this up yourself, would suggest a Support incident to assist you with the steps that appears to not be documented correctly right now. 

If you wish someone else to do this now to get it working, then best approach would be to engage professional services. 

Support is not there to do the configuration for you but we will 100% assist if you run into issues and help you get over those issues (even if it’s documentation related).

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Ken_H 

Here is a post for the general setup I advice to use:

And here is a post for the webserver SQL related setup I advice to use:

These guides are based on the concept as where the webserver is installed separately from the commserve nodes.

Hopefully this will help.

If you have any questions let me know :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Thanks everyone.  It turns out there was a third option I hadn’t thought of:  Contact the local technical resource.  During a call with the local sales rep i mentioned having a problem and the sales rep had the local technical resource call me and we got Live Sync installed in less than 10 minutes.  As a bonus, they’re going to look into updating the online documentation to better match the screens presented to the client.  

Ken