Solved

Custom Web Report

Badge +4

Hello good,

We are configuring some reports from the Web report, we have detected that two cases occur when naming the report.

#1 - The name of the pdf file that is sent by mail is the sum of the "Report custom name" field + the "Name" field

#2 - The name of the file that we save in a network path is saved only with the name of the "Report custom name" field.

We are wondering if it is possible in case #2 to save the pdf in the network path with the same name as case #1 explained above.

Is there any way to be able to do it?

Thank you,
All the best.

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 11 July 2022, 23:35

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello @EJIE,

Is it possible for you to provide a screenshot as to what you are seeing?  I am not familiar with the process and would like to research it for you.

Badge +4

Hello byates,

I attached the screenshot. 

#1 This the pdf file sent by mail, you can see the name is the addition the field 1 and 2

#2 This is the pdf file save in a network path, here you can see the name of the pdf file is only the field 2.

Thank you,

Regards.

Badge

Hi @EJIE,

As per the design, we show only the “Report Custom Name” in the network path. If you want to get a unique file name in the “Report Custom Name” section, you can add the below macros and the corresponding macro will get appended to the Report Custom Name. The schedule name will be appended in the report output if you remove the “Report Custom Name” section in the schedule panel. 

BOL: https://documentation.commvault.com/11.26/expert/58179_report_selection_output.html

Report Custom Name

Enter a name for the report. You can also include the current date and job ID using macros:

• To include the date, enter the following macro: cvdate

• To include the report job ID, enter the following macro: cvjobid

Badge +4

Hi Dominic,

I have followed that documentation when we started to generate the reports, but we have found that if we leave the "Report custom name" field empty, when we edit it again it appears again with "Backup Job Summary". Is it possible to leave this field empty?

Thank you
Regards

Badge

Hi @EJIE,

Yes, when you edit the report schedule panel and make the “Report custom name” field empty and save it. You won’t see the Report custom name again in the schedule panel.

Thanks,

Dominic

Badge +4

Hi @Dominic Anand ,

Yes, that's what I do, but it doesn't happen. In my case, if I leave the field empty, the name that it had previously reappears.

Thanks,
Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@EJIE , checking to see if you ever got this one resolved.

If not, can you create a support incident and share the case number so I can track it?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@EJIE , following up on this again.  I would ensure you are on a recent FR and MR combination.  As @Dominic Anand mentioned, when you edit the report schedule panel and make the “Report custom name” field empty and save it. You won’t see the Report custom name again in the schedule panel.