Solved

DASH Copy to Cloud allowed?

• 12 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I need to know does commserve allow a DASH Copy to be DASH to Cloud or are we only allowed to use AUX Copy to Cloud?

icon

Best answer by Scott Moseman 13 January 2022, 22:42

View original

5 replies

Badge +15

I believe there is nothing wrong with DASH to cloud libraries as long as the storage policy has the DDB enabled in the first place. I was reading the docs as well as some other posts here and found this one from @Damian Andre 

So, I believe you should have no problem running your DASH copies to Cloud libraries. @Damian Andre  can correct if I`m wrong here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

I need to know does commserve allow a DASH Copy to be DASH to Cloud or are we only allowed to use AUX Copy to Cloud?

You can absolutely use DASH Copies to your Cloud Libraries.

Thanks,
Scott

Badge +1

Does any one know the differences when using DASH copy to cloud for Cold/Archive or Hot storage?  Is there a preferred configuration that works best?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Does any one know the differences when using DASH copy to cloud for Cold/Archive or Hot storage?  Is there a preferred configuration that works best?

I would recommend getting in touch with your account team for a deeper dive discussion of the various cloud storage options.  Hot, Cold and Archive have different performance and cost penalties, so it’s important to review the use-cases before deploying any of them.  There’s also a Combined Storage Tier capability in Commvault to offer a hybrid approach.

Thanks,
Scott

Badge +15

To add to @Scott Moseman I would recommend this resource as a reading.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/118855_cloud_storage_building_block_guide.html