Solved

DB token doesn't match token provided by client

• 18 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Recently upgraded the iDA on an HP-UX 11.23 server (from 10.something to 11.24.52).  Server is running Informix 11.50

Ever since updating the agent all my backups (filesystem & Informix) are failing.  I see the following errors on both job types:

Other end <media agent> encountered failure in receiving data [The SDT data transfer was terminated on a request from the Job Manager.]

and

DB Token [3184921:3:4] doesn't match with the token [3184921:3:3:0:52679] provided by client. Error :[The job token is for an older attempt than that of the job.

I see the jobs starting to write data at the beginning, but then they just…. die.  Doesn’t matter which media agent I use (we have 4 to pick from).  We do have an active case open with support, but it’s moving….slowly...and not really progressing.

we’ve configured a 1-way firewall (didn’t help) and tried not using a firewall at all (also didn’t help).  The client and the media agents/commserve have DIPs on the same vlan. 

any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 2 September 2022, 22:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @nerdgirl !  Hope all is well.

I looked into this error and it could be a few things, though most stem from communication (and you tried the persistent firewall to no avail).

Can you share the case number with me here so I can see what’s going on?  I wasn’t able to find it in your name.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Adding case resolution:

Finding Details:

The socket connect failed. Error returned [-1=Connect to <clientname>.<domain>.com:53372/-1 failed: Client connection failed on tflhpgld: Client NOGUID is not allowed to connect to ports 53372/-1]. Check Network Connectivity.)}), connection (<clientname>.<domain>.com/SockIP(Unknown)/10.0.2.118:53372/0 cvd(0:0))} + {ServiceCallBack(1214)} + {AppClientConnectCallBack(87)/EventMessage.0x09000010.9:16.(Remote machine []. The socket connect failed. Error returned [-1=Connect to <clientname>.<domain>.com:53372/-1 failed: Client connection failed on <client>: Client NOGUID is not allowed to connect to ports 53372/-1]. Check Network Connectivity.)}]

Solution:

Informix Log Backup fails with Error Code 19:599.
Issue resolved after removing ALL firewall rules from the client and commserve, both filesystem and Informix backups have been completing successfully.