Solved

Determine agent version from client

• 31 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

I’m checking some way to collect the version of the installed agents in a win/linux client running some command on the client itself.
So far I couldn’t find any way to poll that information from the client itself (while it’s extremely easy to do it from commcell console) but I’m sure there must be at least a configuration file/registry key reporting the exact version of every agent installed in a client, but I can’t find out which one.

Do you know if that’s possible?

Thanks,

Alessandro.

icon

Best answer by MichaelCapon 31 December 2021, 12:48

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi Alessandro,

Do you need the software Feature Release version and the Maintenance Release version? 

In the registry we have “sProductVersion” which tells us the Version Build and Feature Release. 
We also have UP_Transaction which tells us the Maintenance Release version.

To get these values you can try the following:

Windows Powershell:

Get-ItemPropertyValue -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\CommVault Systems\Galaxy\Instance001" -Name "sProductVersion" 

Get-ItemPropertyValue -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\CommVault Systems\Galaxy\Instance001\UpdateBinTran" -Name "UP_Transaction"

Linux:

Cat /etc/CommVaultRegistry/Galaxy/Instance001/.properties | grep sProductVersion

Cat /etc/CommVaultRegistry/Galaxy/Instance001/UpdateBinTransactions/.properties | grep UP_Transaction

I am interested to see here if anyone has any other/easier suggestions :slight_smile: .

Best Regards,
Michael

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response!

I already checked the “sProductVersion” bit, but it didn’t change after upgrading the client from commcell console. Nonetheless, I ignored the “UP_Transaction” part. I’ll test it immediately in my environment.

On the other hand, is there any way to map those values captured from the client to the version displayed in commcell console? 
I mean, in my test client I have:

sProductVersion 11.80.200.0
UP_Transaction  77_3950133

While in console it’s: 11.20.77

How do they correlate?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Confirmed!

UP_Transaction is actually revealing the Maintenance Release that was what I was looking for.

I’m still guessing how to correlate “sProductVersion 11.80.200.0” & “UP_Transaction  77_3950133” with console’s 11.20.77.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Not sure about Windows, but it’s simple in Linux:

# simpana status | grep Version
 Version = 11.26.3

Thanks,
Scott

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi, Process Manager/GxAdmin( application in Base folder) in windows clients and ‘commvault status’ command on Linux clients will show version details.

Regards

Gopinath

Badge

For RHEL\Linux OS Run command: commvault status