Solved

Does any version of Commvault has a maximum job number?

• 16 December 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

Do we ever reset back to job 1?  In other words, if we have more than X jobs, does the next job ever go back to 1?  

icon

Best answer by MFasulo 16 December 2021, 18:02

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Never.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Alan Christie , if that happened, you’d essentially have duplicate entries in the database for different actual jobs, but the same Job ID.

As the great @MFasulo said, we just keep on going.  I’ve seen 7 figure Job IDs.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

An update:  spoke with Alan offline, I think there is something up with the survey query with the job ID specifics.  There are other survey reports that correctly show the total job counts, so this looks like something very specific.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Appreciate the share, @MFasulo .  Specific to the report, or specific to @Alan Christie ? If there’s a more detailed end solution, I’d definitely like to get it documented here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Alan Christie , if that happened, you’d essentially have duplicate entries in the database for different actual jobs, but the same Job ID.

As the great @MFasulo said, we just keep on going.  I’ve seen 7 figure Job IDs.

7 figure job IDs ? Wow, that’s my current Commcell’s case..

Does this mean a huge job count ? 

I mean, in the future, job IDs could be 8 or 9 figures.. I hope there’s no ‘high limit’.. :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Laurent , considering how long ago I saw those, 8 or even 9 is not out of the question!!

Badge +2

11899286    and counting...  with around 60000 new jobIDs a week

Regards Martin

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

4370463 from sept2015 up to today, while it’s already a big figure, but yes, let’s check what is the max job id# we can have. 

For sure @Martin.Roende you’ll reach it before me ! :wink::laughing:

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Was just noticing that we crossed 20 mibijobs today… 20,000,851