Question

Dr backup

• 6 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

Dr backup is configured with the below location.

\\ip\h$\Commserve_DR 

This is basically a Media Agent (windows) and in H drive I am storing the metadata to this location.

When I click on the browse option and give the username and password, it says incorrect username or password. I have given the correct username and password but still its giving error. How can I get the correct username and password?

There is one option to change the username and I did that also but still its not working.

Also Upload backup metadata to Commvault cloud - It creates a air-gap copy of metadata but where it exactly store? Is there any cost of storing the metadata on Commvault cloud. How to access this metadata whenever required?

Also Upload backup metadata to Cloud library - It creates a air-gap copy of metadata. I can select any Cloud library but where it is exactly store? How to access the metadata? 

Retention of drbackup is 5 days so same applicable to Commvault Cloud and Cloud library ? 

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Commvault uses the credentials provided to access a UNC share.  Are you able to access the UNC path in Windows Explorer using those credentials?

Badge +3

Hi Orazan,

I can login to the windows server where the Dr backup store. I can access the UNC path without credentials.

Hello, 

I face the same problem with DR Backup. Did you solve it please ? 

Badge +3

@Celine - No, I am still checking on it.

Hello, 

I you can open \\ip\h$\Commserve_DR from the Commserve with credentials that you use to login into the Commerve server, you can use this user\password as the bydefault password ans used it to browse and perform your DR Backup job.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello @Ajinkya 

Answer for below question in the link
Also Upload backup metadata to Commvault cloud - It creates a air-gap copy of metadata but where it exactly store? Is there any cost of storing the metadata on Commvault cloud. How to access this metadata whenever required?

Uploading DR Backups to Commvault Cloud Services Portal

Retention of drbackup is 5 days so same applicable to Commvault Cloud and Cloud library ? 

Retention on cloud library is governed by the SP settings. 

Retention for Commvault cloud is as follows - The last successful DR backup copy of the day for the last 5 days, with the latest Differential copies (if any) are retained in the cloud for 7 days.

For the login issue - suggest to open a case for the same

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Ajinkya I saw you’re using an admin share (h$) of a MediaAgent for this.
Please, don’t do that.
https://kb.commvault.com/article/72274