Solved

DR Commserver

• 6 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

Hello friends,

I need help for some time now my commvault had an error in the nCVDPORT record it automatically changed the port 8400 to 100, with that it was generating some failures, to carry out a troubleshooting we changed the permissions of this record of the session folder so that no one could change and we restarted the commvault services, from then on the services did not go up again even returning all the permissions in the attachment follows the error log, it was tried in several ways to return the commvault services until trying to run a DR on another server, but also verified that the DR it was not 100% functional not finishing the installation. Could you help me to restore the services .
Attached log.

Main error: "### [CVD ] slSetUpService: bind() failed on port 8400, err 0x80072740:{CQiSocket::Bind(306)/W32.10048.(Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/ port) is normally permitted. (10048))} Will Retry "

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 8 September 2022, 21:13

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@marcelo bernardes fernandes , are you setting this registry manually, or via the Additional Settings?

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/7360_changing_network_ports.html

It sounds like you (properly) have it set via the console, but have made it so CS services can’t edit the corresponding registry key.

If you reset the permissions, do the services start?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you stop all services, can you see anything running on port 8400?

In an admin CMD window: netstat -nab >> c:\ports.txt

open ports.txt in notepad and search for 8400 and see if there is another process that isn't cvd.exe

Badge +6

Hi guys,

Unfortunately we had to do a DR for the services to come back, at the moment everything is OK. However, the problem with the port has not yet been resolved, the "nCVPORT" record keeps changing to port 1000. We continue to analyze the case

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@marcelo bernardes fernandes , can you share the output of the netstat command with us?

Badge +6

attached log

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Nothing is showing on 8400, just 8401”

TCP    10.0.20.47:8401        srv-cvserver:36580     ESTABLISHED  TCP    10.0.20.47:8401        srv-cvserver:58744     ESTABLISHED

I would open a support case for this.  It might not be network related, but code related.

Once created, please share the incident number with us here.

Thanks!