Solved

DR Dump summary report

Badge +8

we deployed 7 ComCell servers, how to generate DR dump summary report? want to check the 7 ComCell server DR dump job on one page.

icon

Best answer by Stuart Painter 7 June 2022, 08:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @xiwen 

You could use Universal Command Centers to provide a single interface and report on each of the 7 CommCells from a single place.

You would need to report on Disaster Recovery backup for each of the Commserves to check DR Backup job status.

The Health Report: Disaster Recovery Backup Tile would show DR Backup status for each Commcell.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hello !

May I jump on this topic to discuss about it ?

On my side, I’ve got my main big Commserve, but I sometimes have to ‘connect’ to other Commserves in my company to assist my teammates. 

I’m wondering what could be the impact on my Commserve if I would use my main Commserve as the Universal Command Center (following @Stuart Painter link to the steps), to connect the few other Commserves to my Commserve ‘Command Center’. 

Would it have an extra load on mine, when I do nothing ( = when I don’t use Command center to switch to other Commcells and retrieve their information) ?

Participating Commcells/Commserves must be at least FR22, but I guess we can have higher or lower version of Commcells compared to the one hosting the Universal Command Center ? Or UCC has to always be the most updated one ?

Thanks, as it’s an interesting topic for me 😃

Laurent.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi xiwen,

another option for reporting is to install the metrics reporting server and all 7 cells will upload its data to that reporting server.

see step 6 to add the commcells to the reporting server once its installed.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.23/essential/37692_getting_started_with_metrics_reports.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hello !

May I jump on this topic to discuss about it ?

On my side, I’ve got my main big Commserve, but I sometimes have to ‘connect’ to other Commserves in my company to assist my teammates. 

I’m wondering what could be the impact on my Commserve if I would use my main Commserve as the Universal Command Center (following @Stuart Painter link to the steps), to connect the few other Commserves to my Commserve ‘Command Center’. 

Would it have an extra load on mine, when I do nothing ( = when I don’t use Command center to switch to other Commcells and retrieve their information) ?

Participating Commcells/Commserves must be at least FR22, but I guess we can have higher or lower version of Commcells compared to the one hosting the Universal Command Center ? Or UCC has to always be the most updated one ?

Thanks, as it’s an interesting topic for me 😃

Laurent.

Hi @Laurent 

I believe the rule for UCC is the same as it is for Metrics Reporting - the main, central UCC/Metrics server must be an equal or higher version than the child/source Commcells.

So for updates, you will need to ensure the main Commcell update is performed first, before the others.

For UCC, I don’t believe there is any additional load when the Command Center is idle, workload is only seen when accessing the Command Center. There is a data source created on UCC pointing to the other Commcells that enables the Command Center to access the source Commserve database via a Web Service connection in that Commcell.

It’s a little different for Metrics Reporting, because metrics data is collected at regular intervals and uploaded from the source Commcells to the central Metrics database. It’s not a heavyweight workload, but something to be considered.

There are strategies to spread the load out, by separating Command Center, Web Service and Metrics Reporting roles to other servers, where by default, out-of-the-box these roles are hosted by the Commserve.

Thanks,

Stuart