Solved

Edit body for scheduled report.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

I’m looking for a way to edit the outgoing mail from a scheduled report, somthing like for the alert emails.

It doesen’t seem it’s possible, i’ve looked in both the console and webconsole.

I guess it’s possible with a workflow, but the learning curve for that seems very steep. I’ve tried it but abandonded it due to lack of skills/understanding.

Another way is to use powershell to send the email and fetch the report from a local destination. But if it’s kept in Commvault it would be administrativly easier, maybe.

The reason for this is that our Incident system use some XML to configure incidents.

Anyone have any idea?

//Henke

icon

Best answer by HolowEd 20 May 2021, 12:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@Henke,

The e-mail sent for a schedule report is not something that is editable. You could use powershell, using REST API to run the report and then sent the report via e-mail. The reports are saved to the \Software install directory\reports.

Badge

You should be able to change report emails format, see below link:

https://documentation.commvault.com/v11/essential/97512_editing_email_template.html

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

@AK6 That function is to create a customized template,yes, but it’s not possible to choose that at the report level. It has to be defined as the default template, but will then be used for all associated reports.

//Henke