Solved

Editing the file placed on Edge Drive

Userlevel 4

Hello Commvault Community,

We encountered a problem with editing the file placed on Edge Drive.

After clicking "Edit", the following message is displayed (no Edge Drive Web Edit) - "Edge Drive Web Edite is not running. Download the new latest version of Edge Drive Web Edit. If you already have the latest version, make sure that the tool is running and you are logged in. "

Below the message there is a link to download the latest version of the tool.
After clicking download, the following message is displayed - "We could not find what you are looking for".

We figured out why this is so. The culprits here are linux and webconsola installed on this server, because it does not have the cvwebedit_x86.msi and cvwebedit_x64.msi installers in its files.

In the Commvault files on Windows I found the previously mentioned MSI files and then installed the appropriate version on the workstation.

In Edge Drive Web Edit, I logged into my commvault account and started webconsole.

However, that didn't help because I had the problem all the time - "Edge Drive Web Edite is not running. Download the new latest version of Edge Drive Web Edit. If you already have the latest version, make sure the tool is running and you are logged in."

Questions:

1. To what location on the Linux server (webconsola) should the MSI files be placed?

2. Is it possible that the cvwebedit_X.msi files are in the wrong version and therefore editing is not supported?

3. Where can we get the latest / correct version of cvwebedit_X.msi and do you have it, how to share it or indicate the link from where to download it?

Thanks,
Kamil

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 11 August 2022, 22:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Kamil , apologies for the delay!

I spoke to several folks in support and they suggested opening a support case to get to the root of the issue.

Can you create and share the incident number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Kamil , following up on this one.  Were you able to get a case created (or solve this otherwise)?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Kamil , I’m going to close this one out, though if you get a chance to update us/open a case, please do so.