Solved

ElasticSearch backup

• 27 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +6

Hi There !

Does anyone know how we can protect ElasticSearch Data without using the Hybrid File Store and the Workflow ?

Documentation does not mention any other way than the HFS.

Thanks

Abdel

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 27 June 2022, 19:48

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Abdellatif AITELBACHA , I’ll tag in @Bill Katcher who might know (he knows HFS better than anyone I know and will have valuable insight)!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@Mike Struening 

Looks like @Abdellatif AITELBACHA  is looking for an alternative other than HFS, so I’ll have to defer to others.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Abdellatif AITELBACHA I was able to talk to some people in development who are not aware of any other methods (though if this is on a VM, using the VSA is an option).

The overall question a few people have asked is, “what’s wrong with the HFS method?”

Badge +6

Thanks Mike.

Nothing wrong with the HFS.

We have HSX and customer asking why do we have to build a separate HFS Server and not backing up directly to storage pool.

Anyway if that is the only option I will let them know.

Thanks

Abdel

Badge

Hi all,

Anyone have any updates on this as yet. Looking in connect it seems it can be done with a FS iDA and some pre and post scripts but nothing official as yet.

Customer asked if they could Dump the files to a location and we just pick it up from there with the FS ida would we still need the Pre and Post scripts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Abdellatif AITELBACHA , how did your experience go with this install?

Badge +4

any updates