Solved

End User access to Exchange Shared Mailbox through Web Console

• 15 September 2021
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

End Users are allowed to access their own mailbox through Web Console.

Is there a way to allow them access to the Shared Mailboxes they have access to?

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 12 November 2021, 20:45

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Zoltan 

Thanks for the question!

Please take a look at Viewing Mail Messages in Delegated Mailboxes:

Before You Begin

If you cannot see delegated mailboxes in the Web Console, ask your administrator to configure collecting delegated mailboxes.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@Stuart Painter In the docs, Exchange (Classic) is mentioned. Does it work for Office365, too?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Zoltan , the first link @Stuart Painter shared is for Office 365:

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Mike,

True, except that the configuration link points to “Exchange Agent”:

Just wanted to confirm that it is correct. :)

Will go ahead and configure it.

Thank you,

Zoltan

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Better safe than sorry!  Keep us posted :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thanks @Mike Struening, sorry if there’s any confusion, do let us know how you get on @Zoltan!

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thank you @Mike Struening and @Stuart Painter.

I have applied the settings but cannot restart the services due to a restore of a HUGE mailbox that has been running for over 80 days now. :sweat:

Hopefully, it’ll finish in the upcoming days. I’ll confirm once the services are restarted.

Kind regards,

Zoltan

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks for the update!  I unmarked the best answer until you can confirm.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Zoltan , how are things looking now after the restore finished?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Gentle follow-up, @Zoltan .  Let me know if I should remark that answer on this thread.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Mike,

We actually killed the restore after running it for 110 days.

I followed the docs but still cannot see the shared mailboxes in WebConsole.

Best,

Zoltan

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks for the reply, @Zoltan .If you still aren't seeing the mailboxes, I would open a support case so they can track the cause down.

Once you do, please share the case number here so I can track it.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I found your case number, @Zoltan and will follow accordingly!

Badge +15

This is a ticky one and I battled with this a long time ago finally getting it to work.

Basides what was recommended above I would encourage and double check the following link 

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/29059_configuring_collection_of_mailbox_delegates.html

More specifically the following

• Make sure your access nodes (or proxies) for exchange backups have the Exchange mailbox (classic) configured - will add some screen shots below
  • Make sure all access nodes have the keys 

As for the key (nEnableFolderLevelDelegateCollection) I have discussed with support a few times and was confirmed more than once that Exchange Mailbox Agent does not support folder deletation, so this key should not be even be there. I creates confusion more than anything.

Make sure the Exchange Mailbox (Classic) agent is configured as well.

Once all of that is configured, you can either run a discovery manually or way since the process runs (if im not mistaken every 24h by default)

If you want to run it manually, go to one of the access nodes, cmd as admin, navegate to base folder and run qlogin sso, enter your admin account then run the following;

AdMailboxMonitor.exe -o autodiscover -refreshInterval 0 -a 2 -c 1245:EXCHCLIENT -cn ACCESSNODE -vm YOURINSTACE

If you do not know what the commend looks like for your environment, go to one of the access nodes, open the ADMailboxMonitor.log and search for the following word -refreshInterval, that will bring the exact like you should run.

It is a lot less complicated that it looks like, you just have to have the right pieces together. Let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sharing the case resolution:

Provided the below procedures for delegate collection, however the customer has no Exchange OnPrem infrastructure

Configuring the Collection of Mailbox Delegates
https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/29059_configuring_collection_of_mailbox_delegates.html 

Asked customer if they could use Commvault Delegation using the below procedures in the Command Center
Delegating a Mailbox or a Folder Using Exchange Mailbox
https://documentation.commvault.com/11.23/essential/107643_delegating_mailbox_or_folder_using_exchange_mailbox.html 

Customer responded that Commvault delegation works however this method would not be manageable due to the fact that they currently have 1173 Shared Mailboxes in backed up in Commvault.
That’s why they have been looking for an automated method that updates the delegations on a daily basis.

Advised that I checked with our development team and there currently isn't another method. and added their company to an existing CMR on this issue CMR# 226567.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thank you, Mike, for following up on this!

I hope the automation of updating the delegation for mailboxes in Office365 (with no OnPrem infra in place) will be implemented in the (near) future. It could be essentially part of the archiving process.

I wish you a great week ahead!

Zoltan