Solved

Erro: License is not consumed by agent [Linux File System]

Badge +1

Hello Guys,

I have two oracle linux servers where i already have licenses to make the backups of oracle bases.

I installed the File System functionality to make file backups, however when creating and trying to start a job the following error is presented:

License is not consumed by agent [Linux File System] on client [srv-oracle01].”

I've already checked the license summary and don't have any license attention alerts.

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 18 August 2022, 17:28

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Charles Tavares , can you run a License Summary reprt (make sure the details are enabled) and see what licenses are consumed by that client?  It’s possible someone deactivated it for that agent.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/105350_license_summary_report_01.html

In addition, if you expand that client in the GUI, what does the Linux FS look like?  Is it grayed out?  Can you right-click and activate the license?

Badge +1

@Mike Struening 

By reporting it occupies the following license types:

License Type: Application Class 2
Permanent total: Unlimited
Permanent Used: 3

License Type: Server File System
Permanent total: Unlimited
Permanent Used: 11

The Linux FS icon is colored, before had never used the file system function on this server, I installed the file system function yesterday.

Previously had installed only the functions: File System Core, Storage Accelerator and Oracle.
Today it has: File System Core, Storage Accelerator, Oracle and File System.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Charles Tavares , if you see that client listed as using those licenses and still get an error, open a support case.  Share the incident number here for tracking, but that should be looked at closer.

Badge +1

@Mike Struening 

I will open a call with the support and as soon as I have a return I communicate here the final result.

Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I’ve seen this a few times….. Mostly on Windows clients, though. This has happened when installing multiple IDAs onto a single client in one go. Uninstalling every IDA except for the File System Core component and then reinstalling them has fixed it for me every time….  Not sure if this is the same issue, but might be a quick one to try. This is ofc a workaround... not a fix, I know…  

/Rubeck

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Charles Tavares , I found the cases you opened for this and will monitor.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sharing case resolution:

Finding Details:

Customer was getting an error that a license was not getting consumed by an agent when attempting to run a job

Solution:

Escalated to Dev and had a new license cut for the customer. Once applied the backups began working