Solved

Error Code: [10:10] Description: Shared memory and or semaphores have not been adequately set up as per the operational guidelines on the client machine.

• 22 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Recently i have added new Mac OS (Big Sur) machine. Now getting:

Error Code: [10:10]. Description: Shared memory and or semaphores have not been adequately set up as per the operational guidelines on the client machine.

Kindly help if someone came across same kind off issue.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Rajesh Seawag 25 September 2021, 05:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Rajesh Seawag !  

Simpana will rely on shared memory and semaphore settings to create the pipeline for communication and transferring data.

However, if you have SDT enabled (Simple Data Transfer - Optimize for Concurrent LAN backups - set in the MA properties in the GUI), Simpana won't rely on heavily on shared memory and semaphores for the backups.

To continue using shared memory and semaphores, you can review our BOL link on how to adjust these kernel settings:

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=24634.htm#o24638

Let me know if the jobs resume with these settings.

Badge +1

Thanks @ Mike Struening, for support. After making the below (Optimize for Concurrent LAN backups ) changes its working for me.

1. From the CommCell Browser, go to Storage Resources > MediaAgents > MediaAgent.
  2. Right-click the MediaAgent that you wish to optimize for concurrent LAN backups, and then click Properties.The MediaAgent Properties dialog box appears.
  3. On the Control tab, in the Data Transfer section, select the Optimize for concurrent LAN backups check box.
  4. Click OK.