Solved

Error Code: [14:109] Description: Index processing failed on MediaAgent. This may be due to the index cache being full or because of a corrupt index.

• 7 June 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Error Code: [14:109]
Description: Index processing failed on MediaAgent. This may be due to the index cache being full or because of a corrupt index.

icon

Best answer by Stogs 16 June 2021, 23:52

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Braj85 ,

I would suggest to check the status of the MA (online, operational) and its Index Cache disk. In the MA Properties > Catalog tab check the space usage and “offline reason”.

Also checking the logs for the failed job for a more specific error may help narrow down the issue here.

Best Regards,

Michael

Badge +1

Hi @MichaelCapon,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already verified the options you have suggested & found that all is OK. However, issue persists the same.

BR

Brajesh

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Braj85 what type of job is failing and for what iDA?  We would definitely want to see what the log files show for the job.  You possibly have a corrupt Index Cache entry though it is just as likely that there is an issue with the MA itself.

Let me know what type of backup agent as well as if this is an Incremental, Synth Full, etc. running and I’ll advise on logs.

Badge +1

Hi @Mike Struening,

Multiple VM backups are failing & those are runnning through the same MA. Backup type is Full.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Can you check the vsbkp.log file at the failure time and share what you see?

Also, you can check out cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/health and look at the state of your Index.

Click the box in the upper right-hand corner for more details:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Braj85 !  following up to see if you were able to check the vsbkp.log file for errors?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Braj85 !  Before I close this off, wanted to follow up to see if you were able to check the vsbkp.log file for errors?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@Braj85 are these Synthetic Fulls or Incremental backups where you are seeing this error? When seeing these type of errors on Synthetic Fulls it typically means the index database is not in a good state. For this I would recommend a support case as the index side can get more complicated. If Incremental a reboot of the MediaAgent may resolve the issue but it is important to stop the Commvault Services so it brings the DDB down cleanly.